15 Things to Consider When Buying Your Dream Home
Expert Real Estate Services agents will assist their home buyers every step of the buying process and we remind them to keep in mind the following 15 tips/questions when buying their dream home:
- What are your deal-breakers (ie. neighborhood, direction of the property, number of bedrooms and bathrooms, storage space, garage type and availability)?
- Does the roof look relatively new or is it caving in?
- Is the structure and foundation of the property sound with no cracks or slopes? (Consider that no paint job is perfect and it is easily fixed.)
- Are the windows newer and by the code or do they need updating?
- Are the faucets, pluming, lights, light switches, doors and toilets in working order
- Is the electrical panel by the code and updated?
- Are major renovations or upgrades required?
- Are the floor plans and finishings up to your standards or do they need upgrading?
- Are the heating and cooling and ventilation systems up-to date and in working order?
- Are the landscaping and fences complete?
- Are there any unpleasant smell (ie. sewage, mold, smoke, mildew and gas) available?
- Is the property well-insulated and sound proof?
- Is there any water, mold or fire damage?
- Is the curb appeal to your liking/standards?
- Do you need to arrange for a home inspection by a professional, before you finalize the deal?
Remember: our comprehensive services will cover you before, during and after the purchase of your property! Please contact us.